Gillian Mulholland is an Australian youtuber who normally makes videos about the most important, fascinating topic in the world – herself, and prior to the actually useful video below some of her titles include:
- Why I am a Self-Absorbed Cunt, or “My Self Love Journey | Before & After Self Love”
- Why I Choose to End Up Alone, Ugly, & Unloved, or “I don’t want kids | being childfree by choice | parents who regret having children”
- My Lamearse Fake Spirituality, or “BADASS AFFIRMATIONS | guided meditation with affirmations by Gillian Mulholland”
- He Has All His Limbs? Sleep With Him, or “Make sure you do this when you’re single”
- I May Realise Nobody Cares But I’m Going to Keep Talking About This, or “Being single at 39 with no kids | childfree by choice”
- I’m A Ditzy Blonde But Actually, Really Interesting, or “I don’t know what I’m doing but my ego won’t let me give up”
- Seriously, I’m Not Going to Shut Up About This, or “39, single and childfree | VLOG | Melbourne Australia”
This probably needs to go in here now:
In fairness she’s doing what youtube was intended for, and she’s still more interesting than all the boring corporate stuff youtube pushes on you.
Normally her videos get rather modest viewership, fittingly, but this one took off a bit, 70k, and it’s interesting, she is filming The World’s Most Locked Down City, at the end of the snap 7 day lockdown that turned into a 77 day lockdown, the inner city parts, which are the southern slightly grungy end of otherwise swanky Chapel St, in Windsor, then some of the CBD, and then beachside St Kilda.
She’s cherry picking a little, for example, normally in St Kilda during lockdown there weren’t any police around, but that may have been a day when the protest organisers on Telegram kept announcing different locations, and had the cops running around like headless chooks all over the inner city, which was a great waste of police resources, and good times.
Otherwise it’s an accurate picture. She should have gone to Fitzroy St in St Kilda, it’s brutal, about a third of shops are for lease.
Lockdown is over, largely, we’ve been granted some of our ‘freedoms’, at least those who have submitted to the shots, but the place has had something sucked out of it and given that we are going to see restrictions and special rules go on for years, probably permanently, it’s unlikely to ever go back to what it was.
Speaking of protests, now that people know that they evidently aren’t going to get rubber bullet shot at, pepper sprayed, kettled, chased, beaten, kneed, eye-gouged, one occurred on Saturday, having what Russia Today called a “vast” crowd (no it wasn’t, 2-3000), and the people had gathered at the State Library and walked a short distance to Parliament and stood around and listened to some speeches, and then peacefully dispersed, and there was this moment (national anthem, mournful violin version):
This is the most beautiful thing I’ve seen (and heard) in a long while.
Melbourne, there is hope.
— Avi Yemini 🇦🇺🇮🇱 (@OzraeliAvi) October 30, 2021
This is a nice angle:
I am honoured and proud to be among these Patriots. The love for this country was loud and clear at this very moment. Proud and grateful to be in Australia. @morgancjonas @therealrukshan @Anthony_Lev pic.twitter.com/VkWgwfD5qT
— Jerkuei Anyuon (@JerryAnyuon) October 30, 2021
It’s really very sad, especially for the children who are going to grow up thinking all this nonsense is normal, and won’t know what things were like in a once still at least marginally sane place.