On August 2nd the psychopath Dan Andrews declared a state of disaster for Victoria; there was no disaster, there still isn’t a disaster, in health terms, but there is a social and economic disaster that Commissar Dan has created. These stats are for Victoria and up to date as of Aug 31 2020.
|Total Cases:||19015: (0.29% of population 1)|
|Active Cases:||2620 (0.04% of population 1)|
|Deaths:||524 (0.008% of population 1)|
|Average Age of Death:||83 2 (5 years above normal)|
|In Hospital:||453 (3% of public beds 3)|
|In ICU:||21 (3% of ICU beds 4)|
|On Ventilators:||13 (1% of ventilators 5)|
|Unemployment Rate:||10.5% (July estimate)|
|Employed with Zero Hours Rate:||17% (mid August estimate)|
|Household Spending Decline:||30% year-to-date (3% nationwide)|
1. Victoria population = 6.5 million
2. Estimate, based on Australia wide figures
3. There are about 15000 public hospital beds available, not including private hospital beds (add around 5000 for these)
4. There are at least 695 intensive care beds in Victoria, however this number can be expanded by at least 4000 (with ventilators) if necessary.
5. There at least 1000 ventilators available in Victoria, likely many thousands more.
Some of the stats, like for available ventilators, were hard to come by and are fairly fluid at the moment, and the numbers given are the absolute minimum that are extant; the Victorian hospital system has a huge surge capacity, especially with ICU beds and ventilators.
With the stats for total deaths, it is not clear how many died FROM Covid, or just with it (that is, they had co-morbidities).
Leave a comment